- Where to find some NH holiday light displays
- Good Eats: Mombo delivering beautifully conceived plates in Portsmouth, NH
- Romeo’s in Exeter, NH has been serving good eats for more than 40 years!
- Magical holiday lights, old fashioned sleigh rides at Charmingfare Farm in Candia, NH
- Sleigh rides and chocolate ring in the holiday season
- Newburyport’s Ceia Kitchen and Bar is the perfect place for dinner or a romantic night out
- Today only: 25% off all Gift Certificates at Elizabeth Grady in North Hampton, NH!
- Santa’s Village in Jefferson, NH: New slides, familiar rides and open for the holidays!
- The Art of Cheese Making
- Hoaty’s in Hampton, NH: A breakfast favorite with locals for more than 20 years!
Raymond NH Good Eats–The Tuckaway Tavern & Butchery
What do you get when you combine a top-quality butcher shop, a beautiful new dining room/tavern and a talented chef? Step into the rustic Tuckaway Tavern in Raymond NH, and you will discover how combining fresh ingredients and professional chef execution can transform typical tavern fare into the extraordinary.
At the Tavern, Chef Bobby Marcotte and his staff create a most unique dining experience from the moment you walk into the refurbished barn-like dining room. You are greeted at the entry with a live exclusive “kitchen camera,” offering patrons an exclusive view of the attached specialty food meat market, kitchen and the butcher shop. Once seated, the waitstaff is ready and trained well in explaining the unique menu items as well as the traditional fare.
Take for instance, the tavern’s signature Rooster Balls, which are shredded chicken, cream cheese, vegetables, honey buffalo and cilantro ranch dipping sauce. The top mouth watering menu picks include the lobster chowder, fresh ground burgers cooked as you like them, the Tavern’s over-the-top lobster rolls and their award-winning steak tips.
All of the steaks are hand-cut daily in the butchery, all 100 percent Angus cuts by Braveheart beef out of the Midwest. All cattle are humanely raised and vegetarian fed.
And Tavern meals are served with a choice of two unique sides including smashed potatoes, Yankee potato salad, house salad, broccoli cashew, fries, coleslaw, tomato basil mozzarella and chips.
I dined at Tuckaway Tavern with my two daughters after an evening of shopping for bridesmaid dresses. We entered tired and starving at about 7:45 p.m. Greeted immediately, our knowledgeable server explained menu items and made suggestions with ease. I ordered the steak tip salad; my oldest daughter ordered a fresh spinach salad, with dried cranberries, blue cheese, sugar almonds, apple cider dressing and homemade croutons. My youngest daughter ordered the Caesar salad with house marinated grilled chicken tenders.