- The Art of Cheese Making
- Hoaty’s in Hampton, NH: A breakfast favorite with locals for more than 20 years!
- There is still time to register for the 2014 Windham Turkey Trot!
- Look no further than Moxy in Portsmouth,NH for the perfect Tapas menu
- Good Eats- Black Diamond Pub serving hearty New England Food in Lincoln, NH
- “LOVIN the OVEN” at The Community Oven in Hampton, NH
- Castro’s Back Room in Nashua, Concord and Manchester: Not your typical cigar shop!
- Good Eats: The River House in Portsmouth, NH
- 20th Annual Windham Turkey Trot: Calling all bicyclists, walkers and runners of all ages to participate!
- November 1st is the day to start a new Christmas tradition
Raymond NH Good Eats–The Tuckaway Tavern & Butchery
What do you get when you combine a top-quality butcher shop, a beautiful new dining room/tavern and a talented chef? Step into the rustic Tuckaway Tavern in Raymond NH, and you will discover how combining fresh ingredients and professional chef execution can transform typical tavern fare into the extraordinary.
At the Tavern, Chef Bobby Marcotte and his staff create a most unique dining experience from the moment you walk into the refurbished barn-like dining room. You are greeted at the entry with a live exclusive “kitchen camera,” offering patrons an exclusive view of the attached specialty food meat market, kitchen and the butcher shop. Once seated, the waitstaff is ready and trained well in explaining the unique menu items as well as the traditional fare.
Take for instance, the tavern’s signature Rooster Balls, which are shredded chicken, cream cheese, vegetables, honey buffalo and cilantro ranch dipping sauce. The top mouth watering menu picks include the lobster chowder, fresh ground burgers cooked as you like them, the Tavern’s over-the-top lobster rolls and their award-winning steak tips.
All of the steaks are hand-cut daily in the butchery, all 100 percent Angus cuts by Braveheart beef out of the Midwest. All cattle are humanely raised and vegetarian fed.
And Tavern meals are served with a choice of two unique sides including smashed potatoes, Yankee potato salad, house salad, broccoli cashew, fries, coleslaw, tomato basil mozzarella and chips.
I dined at Tuckaway Tavern with my two daughters after an evening of shopping for bridesmaid dresses. We entered tired and starving at about 7:45 p.m. Greeted immediately, our knowledgeable server explained menu items and made suggestions with ease. I ordered the steak tip salad; my oldest daughter ordered a fresh spinach salad, with dried cranberries, blue cheese, sugar almonds, apple cider dressing and homemade croutons. My youngest daughter ordered the Caesar salad with house marinated grilled chicken tenders.