- Altrusa plans 21st Annual Festival of Trees December 2-4
- Pressed Café, Delicious, New and Fresh!
- Pre-Burn your Thanksgiving Calories at Windham’s 22nd Annual Turkey Trot!
- Experience NH Open Doors
- Get Carving – The Annual NH Pumpkin Festival is October 22nd!
- Have a Spooktacular October!
- Meredith NH’s Spooktacular Scarecrow Contest
- Good Eats: A Review of Little Tokyo and Saigon in Portsmouth, NH
- 10 Fun Facts About NH
- VeraniCARES to Donate $6,000 to Local Charities Thanks to Caring REALTORS
Pre-Burn your Thanksgiving Calories at Windham’s 22nd Annual Turkey Trot!
It’s not too late to sign up to run or walk in Windham’s 22nd Annual Turkey Trot happening this Thanksgiving morning at 9:00am! The Windham Turkey Trot is a fun event for the whole family with 3 & 5 mile courses. The trot will go on rain, snow or shine! Parking is limited, so get there early or carpool with your friends.
By participating in Windham’s Turkey Trot, you are supporting local charities. So you are not just running or walking to get some fresh air and have fun, you’re also doing it for these great causes:
The Shepherds Food Pantry: The Pantry was founded in 1992 by both St Matthews Parish and the Windham Presbyterian Church The Pantry is staffed by volunteers there is no paid staff. It is open to anyone who resides in New Hampshire and needs assistance.
The Windham Helping Hands: The helping hands had been providing assistance to people in need for over 10 years. Their Mission statement is(Our mission is to offer and provide support to the community. We are dedicated to creating tools and services to help others get back on their feet and have more productive and joyful lives.
The Family Promise of Grater Rockingham County : The Mission statement of this organization is “Our Mission is to help children and their families experiencing homelessness in NH get back on their Feet, ”
One of their major projects is to help Homeless children. The issue of families with children who are homeless is a growing concern. One in four persons who is homeless is a child.