- Are You Prepared for an Emergency?
- Portsmouth tops USA Today’s list for Foodies
- Are You Ready for Minecraft Summer Camp?
- Moving to New Hampshire? It Ranks as a Top Choice
- Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Verani Realty Merges with Prudential Buccelli Real Estate: Excited To Further Expand Into The Massachusetts Marketplace
- Another Successful Real Estate Closing with Broker’s Title & Closing, LLC.
- A Furry Affair: A hidden gem offers fur babies a “Spaw Day” and more in Concord, NH
- The Homeland Heroes’ Foundation Annual 1960’s Dinner Dance
- Icy~ Hot Events in Portsmouth NH from February 10-16th
- Good Eats: The 401 Tavern in Hampton, NH is sure to please any palate!
16 NH Towns to Host Thanksgiving Day Races
Famously referred to as “Turkey Trots,” runners around the country will be taking part in Thanksgiving Day races ranging anywhere from 1-10 miles. In New Hampshire, as of Monday, November 19, there are 16 publicized races that will be held on Thanksgiving morning. Trying to counter all that food with some good old-fashioned exercise? Below are all the locations throughout New Hampshire that are racing Thursday morning.
Click for details when available. Some races may allow walkers even if there isn’t a note below. Contact race directors by visiting Cool Running, NH for details, contacts, and more info.
Bow, NH – 4th Annual Police Association Turkey Trot (5K)
8:00 a.m. start @ Bow High School, 32 White Rock Hill Road. Walkers Welcome.
Concord, NH – 14th Annual Galloping Gobbler (4 Miles)
9:00 a.m. start @ Bishop Brady High School, 25 Columbus Ave. Children’s race.
Derry, NH – 39th Annual Derry Turkey Trot (5K)
9:00 a.m. start @ Galliens Town Beach on Beaver Lake, Route 102.
East Madison, NH – Thanksgiving Day 5K
9:00 a.m. start @ King Pine Ski Area, NH Route 113. Walkers Welcome. Children’s race.
Franconia, NH – Wobble n’ Gobble 5K
8:30 a.m. start @ Lafayette Regional School, 149 Main Street. Walkers Welcome.
Gilford, NH – Gilford Turkey Trot (5K)
9:00 a.m. start @ Gilford Youth Center, 19 Potter Hill Road. Walkers Welcome.
Keene, NH – 34th Annual Cranberry Run (4.5 Miles)
9:00 a.m. start @ Keene Recreation Center, Washington Street.
Manchester, NH – 2nd Annual Fisher Cats Thanksgiving Day 5K
9:00 a.m. start @ Fisher Cats Stadium, One Line Drive. Finish in the Stadium.
Nashua, NH – The Great Gobbler 5K
8:00 a.m. start @ Nashua South High School, 36 Riverside Street. Children’s race.
Nottingham, NH – Dunbarton Estates Turkey Trot (5K)
8:00 a.m. start @ Corner of Francesca Way & Michaela Way.
Portsmouth, NH – 4th Annual Portsmouth Turkey Trot (5K)
8:30 a.m. start @ Pierce Island at Historic Strawbery Banke, Marcy St.
Rochester, NH – The Freefall 5K
8:30 a.m. start @ Rochester Community Center, 1 Community Way.
Sandwich, NH – Mt. Washington Pony Club Turkey Trot (5K)
9:00 a.m. start @ Sandwich Fairgrounds, 7 Wentworth Hill Road.
Sunapee, NH – 6th Annual Sunapee Turkey Trot (5K)
9:00 a.m. start @ Sunapee Harbor Gazebo, 71 Main Street. Walkers Welcome.
Whitefield, NH – Severance Wilderness Trail Run (3 Miles)
8:30 a.m. start @ Severance Homestead, 544 Jefferson Road.
Windham, NH – 18th Annual Windham Turkey Trot (3 & 5-mile races)
9:00 a.m. start @ 70 Blossom Road. Walkers, Cyclists, Strollers, Wheelchairs Welcome.
Info courtesy of Cool Running, NH
photo courtesy of neate photos