- The Art of Cheese Making
- Hoaty’s in Hampton, NH: A breakfast favorite with locals for more than 20 years!
- There is still time to register for the 2014 Windham Turkey Trot!
- Look no further than Moxy in Portsmouth,NH for the perfect Tapas menu
- Good Eats- Black Diamond Pub serving hearty New England Food in Lincoln, NH
- “LOVIN the OVEN” at The Community Oven in Hampton, NH
- Castro’s Back Room in Nashua, Concord and Manchester: Not your typical cigar shop!
- Good Eats: The River House in Portsmouth, NH
- 20th Annual Windham Turkey Trot: Calling all bicyclists, walkers and runners of all ages to participate!
- November 1st is the day to start a new Christmas tradition
2013 February Vacation Fun with Prescott Farms
Now that school vacation is here, you’re probably looking for some fun things to do with your family. The lakes region in New Hampshire is a great place to enjoy all kinds of winter activities like skiing, snowboarding, and tubing. Some of my fondest memories are of my husband and I bringing the kids up north in the winter. We would start the day with ski lessons and end the day with rosy cheeks and hot chocolate in the lodge. In addition to the mountains, there are other local programs that will make this winter a memorable one.
Over the next couple of weeks I’m planning on checking out some of the programs offered at Prescott Farms in Laconia. Snowshoeing is my favorite winter activity, so I’m excited to check out their Full Moon Snow Shoe Walk on Monday, February 25th. Snowshoeing under the moonlight, how cool does that sound?! For younger kids they are offering “play days” in their program room, which will be filled with puzzles, books, puppets, and other games. Another activity on the agenda is a Maple Sugaring program called “Maple Sugar Madness,” which will be on March 2nd. If you haven’t been on a maple sugaring tour before, it’s both educational and fun!
This is just a sample of the activities that Prescott Farms is offering. Check out their website for a full calendar and reservation information. If you’ve been to Prescott Farms, or have more recommendations for February vacation fun, please share in the comments section below. While you are up visiting the farm, stop by Weirs Beach Village, a beautiful all -season community, also located in Laconia. Enjoy spending quality time with your families this school vacation!
Bonnie Gravel is a Londonderry-based agent, providing service and expertise to agents and clients across Southern New Hampshire and beyond. For more information about Bonnie, to contact her, or to see any of her properties, visit her agent page.
original photo courtesy of Prescott Farm