- New Hampshire Scalloping
- Strawberry picking season has arrived: Where to pick your own…
- New Hampshire has Vineyards
- Yakking for Loons!
- Rail trail takes center stage on Fun Day in Londonderry
- “Breakthrough Manchester” A Great Cause
- The True Meaning of Taking a Country Drive
- Discovering Greater Manchester’s Hidden Gardens
- Manchester NH’s Lakes and Ponds: Perfect for Family Fun!
- Visit CR’s The Restaurant, Hampton’s New Famed Dining Spot
Bird Banding Demonstration – Auburn NH
Guest post by Beverly Youree of www.nhaudubon.org
Where: Massabesic Audubon Center, 26 Audubon Way, Auburn, NH
When: Saturday, March 24, 10:00am – 12:00pm
Join Jay Barry, licensed bird bander for 40 years, as he shows us the fascinating banding process from capture to release. Using mist nets to catch birds, we will ID, band, and record our findings for the national database.
You will be able to learn how to identify species, sex, and age with a variety of live subjects!
We will also discuss the MAPS (Monitoring Avian Productivity and Survivorship) program that will be happening at Massabesic in summer. Analyses of the resulting banding data provide critical information relating to the ecology, conservation, and management of North American landbird populations, and the factors responsible for changes in their populations.
For more information, feel free to contact Jane Hanson – 603-668-2045