- It’s Maple Time!
- Windham NH’s Annual Easter Egg Hunt–This Saturday, March 28th
- Good Eats: Portsmouth’s STREET Restaurant takes taste buds around the world
- NH Maple sugar weekend: sugar houses open to public March 28 & 29
- Meredith NH is a Beautiful Place to Be Year Round
- Library Luau and Book Fair coming to Windham NH this Saturday!
- The Copper Lantern: Serving Brunch, Boston Style, at Home in the Hamptons!
- Fun for the whole family: Amoskeag Fishways is open during February School Vacation Week
- Good Eats: Dancing Lion in Manchester, NH loves Chocolate
- School vacation week to-do list
Bird Banding Demonstration – Auburn NH
Guest post by Beverly Youree of www.nhaudubon.org
Where: Massabesic Audubon Center, 26 Audubon Way, Auburn, NH
When: Saturday, March 24, 10:00am – 12:00pm
Join Jay Barry, licensed bird bander for 40 years, as he shows us the fascinating banding process from capture to release. Using mist nets to catch birds, we will ID, band, and record our findings for the national database.
You will be able to learn how to identify species, sex, and age with a variety of live subjects!
We will also discuss the MAPS (Monitoring Avian Productivity and Survivorship) program that will be happening at Massabesic in summer. Analyses of the resulting banding data provide critical information relating to the ecology, conservation, and management of North American landbird populations, and the factors responsible for changes in their populations.
For more information, feel free to contact Jane Hanson – 603-668-2045