- Altrusa plans 21st Annual Festival of Trees December 2-4
- Pressed Café, Delicious, New and Fresh!
- Pre-Burn your Thanksgiving Calories at Windham’s 22nd Annual Turkey Trot!
- Experience NH Open Doors
- Get Carving – The Annual NH Pumpkin Festival is October 22nd!
- Have a Spooktacular October!
- Meredith NH’s Spooktacular Scarecrow Contest
- Good Eats: A Review of Little Tokyo and Saigon in Portsmouth, NH
- 10 Fun Facts About NH
- VeraniCARES to Donate $6,000 to Local Charities Thanks to Caring REALTORS
4 tips for Family and NH Fireworks for the 4th of July
The 4th of July is a time for family, fireworks, and tons of summer fun. Here are just four of the numerous, amazing events happening around the Granite State this weekend. These sum up the “family fun” and “fireworks” opportunities quite well. Our picks, in no particular order, will help you make the most of all these simple July 4th pleasures!
- MERRIMACK- Rotary July 4thFamily Day. The event will include games, inflatable rides, a garage band competition, local food vendors, booths manned by local businesses and organizations and so much more.
- NASHUA- The Jeff Morin Memorial Field Day will take place from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. at Holman Stadium. There will be bounce houses, carnival games, relay races, magic acts, snow cones and much more and it is all free!
- HAMPTON BEACH- Concerts and festivities include a free show by DJ Nick Diamond from noon to 4 p.m. on Wednesday, July 4. The Continentals, a Hampton Beach favorite, will also play their customary pre-fireworks concert on the stage from 7 to about 9:30 p.m.
- NEW BOSTON- 4-H Celebration of 4th of July with favorites such as the famed chicken barbecue, horse pulling competition, mud volleyball tournament, fiddler’s contest, cowboy mounted shooters, and family entertainers and activities, are joined by an array of other events.
Looking for more than just a few fireworks for your holiday? Here are four amazing events to attend to celebrate the whole weekend!
- PORTSMOUTH, NH – Strawbery Banke: An American Celebration
A classic old-fashioned 4th of July featuring crafts, live music, swing dancing, historic garden tours, costumed role-players, colonial hearth cooking, basket weaving, food, and more. org/events/july4
- GORHAM, NH – Fourth of July Celebration
Often spanning multiple days leading up to the 4th, this event features live music nightly, plus a carnival, chili, chowder, and dessert cook-offs, a classic car parade, fireworks and more! gorhamnh.org
- FRANCONIA, NH – Old Home Day Celebration and Parade 2016 – Franconia, NH Jul 2, 2016 – Jul 2, 2016 Main Street and the Dow Field, Exit 38 from I-93 Franconia. Bring the family to the historic village of Franconia and experience an old time Fourth of July celebration. Events include Franconia Community Church pancake breakfast, 8:30-10 a.m.; Franconia Scramble 5k Road Race, 9 a.m.; Tricky Dick’s Magic Show at the Gazebo, 10:30 a.m.; Lafayette Lions Flea Market; artisan show and book sale, 9 a.m.- mid-afternoon; parade at 1 p.m.; Lafayette Lions duck race after the parade; Tribute to the Beatles concert, 7-9 p.m.; fireworks at dusk.
- MANCHESTER –Mega Blast Fireworks after Fisher Cats v. Portland Sea Dogs Game – Manchester, NH Jul 4, 2016 – Northeast Delta Dental Stadium, 1 Line Drive Manchester. Come out to support the Portland Sea Dogs at their game, and stay for the wonderful fireworks display afterwards.
Time: 7:05 p.m. game; fireworks to follow
Admission: $12 when purchased in advance